Putting value into waste data - Idea #1
Mar 31, 2016
Idea 1: Create a single waste data framework
This gives clarity to all involved in the reporting process. A comprehensive and integrated framework allows data to be provided in a manner which easily allows comparison. However, the nature of waste materials can provide challenges to this, for example:
- How are volumetric or weight based measures aligned?
- How do you ensure the classification of materials is consistent?
- The ability to roll waste classes up.
- Measures can go beyond physical measurements to also include handling and treatment.
- Not all processes are consistent across the handling and treatment for industry organisations e.g. How stockpiles are managed.
To find out what the other four ways to put value into waste data are, download the whitepaper “Rubbish in, Rubbish out” here.
Posted on October 7, 2014